Upgrade – Carillon Hydroelectric Power Generating Station
The Carillon power generating station is a symbol of Quebec’s hydroelectric development and plays a strategic role in Hydro-Québec’s generating fleet. Hydroelectricity is recognized as a reliable, powerful and renewable energy source.
The project involves the management of water from refurbishment work, turbine-alternator replacement and other work.
- The quality of water extracted from the site is variable and is impacted by upgrade works such as sawing, breaking up and drilling concrete.
- After treatment, water is discharged directly into the Ottawa River.
- The pH of the water extracted from the site is very basic, due to the nature of the work.
- The system must be specially configured to adapt to confined and restricted spaces.
- The lack of a dedicated, specialized water management operator requires the implementation of a simple, understandable treatment system and accessible technical support.
- Keep discharged water within acceptable environmental standards for discharge into the river.
- Work with the client to adapt the Mudwizard system to their specific needs.
- Ensure system is mobile and has a small footprint.
- Save on specialized operational labour.